It is easy for you to install Office 365 on the terminal server via Remote desktop services server that will allow the multiple users to use Office 365. The users can connect remotely to allow the Windows server machine that is set as a terminal server. In this article, you will get to know that basics to install office 365 on terminal server on Office Pro plus on Remote desktop services server. In order to keep your data secured for long in a large IT environment with thousands of users where you need to have reliable data protection software, there is a need to install Office 365 Pro Plus to keep your data intact.
What is Office 365 Shared Computer Activation on RDS?
It is important to understand that Office 365 is a complete version of MS Office 365. The system requirements for the version are similar to MS Office versions. However, the Office 365 ProPlus is not based on web-based it is installed on the user’s computer. There are differences in licensing and deployment with traditional subscription versions of MS Office. You need to have an internet connection at least for a month to check the status of the license subscription. Office 365 Proplus is a subscription plan that allows you to install the Office 365 proplus up to five machines that can be operated with a single license.
What is the difference between Office 365 and Office Professional plus?
MS Office Professional Plus is a traditional version of Office suite that is licensed on the uninterrupted basis on the updates until the support period ends. On the contrary, Office 365 uses a subscription licensing method which is updated till you pay for the subscription.
What are the system requirements to install office 365 on a terminal server?
The main system requirements to install Office 365 on the remote desktop server are:
- The internet connection
- Office deployment tool
- Office 365 Proplus license
- A supported version of the terminal server.
- Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2016, and newer versions.
- A supported version or edition of Office 365.
- Office 365 pro plus license.
- Once the system requirement meets the requirement then opt for Office 365 Proplus remote desktop arrangements.
How to install office 365 on the terminal server via www.office.com?
- First of all, you have to install and configure the Windows server.
- Just install and configure the remote desktop session.
- After this, create the configuration XML file using the Office customization tool and export it.
- You will set the display level to “None” for the silent installation of Office 365 Plus.
- This prevents Office 365 Pro Plus from trying to activate during the installation.
- Just download the Office deployment tool and run the file to the preferred location.
- This folder will store all the files that are required for installation.
- You have to change the configuration file so that it includes all the relevant information.
Point to remember: You can use Shared computer licensing to enable computer activation. This is required to use the Office 365 Pro Plus on the shared computer.
- Open the “Run Utility: option and type “cmd”, tap on the “OK” button to access the location where the extracted files are located.
- Enter setup /download configuration.xml to download the data according to the information of the file.
- Tap on the setup /configure configuration.xml tab to install and configure the apps according to the information in the configuration file.
We hope by now you can easily install office 365 on the terminal server without interruptions. However, if you still have issues related to the topic then it is recommended to visit the official website in order to get the office setup without any interruptions. On the website, you will get the proper guidance with instructions to resolve the issues (If any).