We all are aware of the users and the purpose of programs and software that are offered by the Office 365 suite. Office 365 is a comprehensive program that together provides a set of productivity software and distinctive services to their subscribers.
For those who wanted to use Office 365 for business purpose, get the plans with e-mail and social networking services via hosted versions of Exchange Server, Skype for business server, SharePoint and the Office online. In addition to this, it also offers integration with Yammer as well as you can have access to the MS Office software. Here, you will get to know the essentials of office 365 SMTP settings.
What are the SMTP settings for office 365?
There are certain SMTP setting for office 365, that is important for its configuration, you need to remember it carefully:-
- Server Address: smtp.office365.com
- Username: (your email address associated with Office 365)
- Password: ( your Office 365 account password)
- Port Number: 587 (including TLS)
- Authentication: Required
- Sending limits: 10,000 emails per day
How to find SMTP settings for office 365?
You can easily find the SMTP settings on the left side of the window. Just right-click on the email account for which you want to search the SMTP settings. After this, you have to select the “Settings” option from the context menu. Now, click on the “Outgoing Server” heading that is present on the left side of the “Account Settings” window. You just have to look for your SMTP settings from the bottom window.
What is the process to set up office 365 SMTP server settings?
The process to set up the Office 365 SMTP server settings includes download, install and activation process.
The first and foremost step is to download SMTP, for this, you need to follow the guidelines given below:-
- Go to the Server Manager and tap on the “Add Roles” option.
- Open the “Add Roles” wizard page and click on “Next”.
- Go to the “Installation” Type page and tap on the “Role-based” installation option.
- You have to choose the “Select a server from the server pool” option on the “Select destination” server page and then choose the server that has SMTP running services.
- Click on the “Next” option and go to the “Select Server Roles” page.
- After this, select the Web server and then tap on the “Next” option.
- From the “Select destination Role Services” page, you need to be sure that you have selected the Basic authentication and then tap on the “Next” button.
- Select on the “Install” option, which is visible on the Confirm Installation Steps page.
Once you have downloaded the SMTP, you just need to install it on your device. For this, you have to follow the instructions given below:-
- Select the “Add Roles and Features” option from the Open Server Manager.
- Tap on the “Server Selection” option and then be sure that the server is running with the SMTP server.
- Go to the “Select Features Screen” and select the SMTP server.
- You will be prompted to install the additional components choose “Add required features” option and tap on the “Next” button.
- Click on the “Install” option. Once the installation process completed, you have to start the SMTP services.
In the end, you have to follow the process elaborated in this section to setup SMTP. Here are some of the essentials:
- Choose the “Tools” option and then select the “IIS” option from the “Open Server Manager” tab.
- Now, expand the current server, just right-click on the “SMTP Virtual server” and tap on the “Properties” option.
- Go to the General tab and choose the “Advanced” option followed by “Add” option.
- From the IP Address box, you have to specify the server’s address which is hosting the SMTP server.
- Just enter 587 in the port box and then click on the “OK” option.
- You have to click on the ‘Access” option you just have to do the following:
- Tap on “Authentication” to check the “Anonymous access” option is selected.
- Tap on the “Connection” to specify the IP address of the server.
- You can choose the “Relay” option to specify the IP address of the SMTP server.
- Go to the “Delivery” tab and choose the “Outbound Security” option and then follow:
- You need to select the Basic Authentication.
- Enter the credentials of the Office 365 user who wants to access the Relay SMTP.
- Tap on the “TLS” Encryption and click on the “Outbound Connections”.
- In the TCP Port box, you have to enter 587 and click on the “OK” button.
For more help:
You can get Office Customer Support Assistance via www.office.com/setup. The support team will assist you with the best possible solution to resolve your office related queries. You will also get the details about office 365 SMTP settings.
Related Article – POP and IMAP email settings for Outlook