In this article, you will get the insights to use digital signatures that are well-known as Digital ID and what can be used for and how you can use the digital signatures in the programs and applications with Word, Excel, and Powerpoint software. It is important to know what is a digital signature, it is an electronic, encrypted, and a stamp of authentication of information such as email messages, macros, and other electronic documents.
A signature confirms that the information generated by the one who has done the signature cannot be altered. In this article, you will get to use the digital signatures in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint on your Windows 10 and Mac operating system. If you have any other queries related to the topic then it is suggested to visit www.office.com/setup.
How to create a signature in Word or Excel?
It is very easy to create a signature in the MS Office application files and documents. All you need to do is follow the steps given below:
- Open the worksheet and place the pointer on the cell where you wish to create the signature line.
- Go on the “Insert” tab and tap on the “Signature line and then tap on the “Microsoft Office Signature line” option.
- On the “Signature setup” box just type the information which will appear under the signature line as prompted on-screen.
- After this select one or both the boxes labeled as “allow the signer to add comments in Sign box” and “Show sign date in signature line” options.
How to remove Digital signatures from Word or Excel?
In this section, you will learn the basic steps to remove the Digital signatures from Office files:
- First of all, open the document or worksheet that contains the visible signature that you wish to remove.
- Just right-tap on the Signature line.
- Tap on the “Remove signature” option and tap on the “Yes” option.
- This will remove help you to remove the Digital signatures from these steps.
- Remember, you can easily remove a signature by tapping on the “Signature” pane and tap on the “Remove signature” option.
What are the invisible digital signatures in Word, Excel, or Powerpoint?
The invisible digital signature assures the authenticity of the original document. Moreover, you can add the invisible digital signatures to word doc and Excel along with Powerpoint files. Remember, the signed documents will have the “Signatures” option on the document. Moreover, for the signed documents that appear in the “Info” section and tap on the “File” tab.
How to add invisible digital signatures in documents?
To add the invincible digital signatures in the documents, just follow the quick and easy steps given below:
- First of all tap on the “File” tab and tap on the “Info” option.
- After this, tap on the “Protect Document, Protect Workbook or Protect Presentation” option.
- Now, tap on the “Add a digital signature” option.
- Read the Word, Excel, and Powerpoint message and tap on the “Ok” option.
- On the “Sign” dialog box go on the “Purpose for signing this document” box and enter the Purpose.
- Tap on the “Sign” button.
- Once the file is digitally signed, you will see the “Signature” button on-screen and the file becomes to read.
How to remove invisible digital signatures from office apps?
It is very easy to remove the invisible digital signatures from Office apps, all you need to do is to follow the steps given below:
- Tap on the “File” tab and tap on the “Info” option.
- Just tap on the “View signatures” option.
- You will see the “Signatures” window appearing on-screen.
- After this, tap on the “Remove Signature” and tap on the “Yes” option.
- Follow the instructions on-screen to complete the process.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We just hope with the help of the steps to add or remove Digital Signature in MS Office Files. However, if you still have confusions related to the steps than we strongly recommend you to visit the official website that goes by the URL www.office.com/setup. Just complete the process and visit the website and get assistance, if required.
Frequently answered questions
How can I put my signature on a Word document?
First of all tap on the cell where you want the Signature line and tap on the “Insert” option and go to the “Signature line”. After this, tap on the “Microsoft Office Signature Line” and go to the “Signature setup” box and type a name in the “Suggested signer box. Now, add the title in the signer box and tap on the “Ok” option. The signature line appears on the document.
How do I add a signature in Word 2020?
First of all tap on the line and then tap on “Insert” and go to the “Signature line”. Click on the “Microsoft Office Signature line”. In the Signature Setup box, you can enter a name in the “Suggested sign” box. You can also add a title in the “Suggested signer” title box. Click on the “Ok” and you will see the signature appears on-screen.
Is digital signature free?
You can easily sign any document using a free digital signature. Always remember, e-signing contracts are always free and you need no account to complete the documents. With the help of a free digital signature, you can easily sign contacts anywhere at any time with just clicks. Just sign in to the documents securely using the free digital signature.
How do I electronically sign a document in Microsoft Word?
All you need to do is place the cursor where you like to place your signature line on your Word document file. Just go to the “Insert” tab and under the “Text” bar click on the “Signature List” that is followed by the “Microsoft Office Signature line”. Now, complete all the empty boxes with the signature details that will pop-up on-screen and then select your preferences for the signature box.