Some users call Distribution groups as distribution lists, they are known to be the most prominent solution for those who use Outlook Web App for the purpose of communicating and collaborating with their respective office collogues for work purposes. The Distribution list is used when you want to send an email to a group of people without typing each recipient’s name individually. The distribution list is managed and organized with a specific discussion subject line that is a common topic to be discussed.
Not only this, the distribution list provides a way for you forward the email to multiple email addresses at the same point in time. Here, in this article, we will discuss the steps to create and manage a distribution list in Outlook Office 365. If you have any other query related to the distribution list then you can visit the office.com/setup and get connected to their respective support team.
Effectual steps to create a distribution list in Office 365
There are certain steps that help you to create a distribution list in Outlook app, these steps are as follows:-
- Go to the “Settings” > “Options”> “Groups” and then click on the “Distribution groups I own” option.
- Click and select the option labeled as “New+”.
- A dialog box will appear on-screen, you just have to add the information that is required to create a Distribution list of your choice.
- In this step, you just have to click on the “Save” option.
- Congratulations, you are good to go.
What are the steps to manage the Distribution list in Office 365?
If you wish to make changes or want to manage the information in the Distribution list then you are required to follow the steps that are mentioned below:-
- In the initial step, you have to go to the “Settings” > “Options” > “Groups” and then click on the “Distribution groups I own” option.
- You will see a dialog box appearing on screen, you just have to select the particular group/list that you wish to edit.
- You can even search for a list by typing its name in the search bar.
- After this, you have to click on the search icon, to search the typed results.
- Once you have found the list just click on the “Clear” option.
- Now, you have to click on the “Edit” option and then modify the changes wished by you.
- You just have to click on the “Save” option to confirm the changes you have made, or else you can click on “Cancel” to leave the changes made.
- Remember, if you wish to delete the group that you own, you can relocate the group from the distribution list and then click on the “Delete” option.
It is very important to learn how can you create and manage the Distribution list in Office 365. The steps that are already discussed here will guide to create, edit, modify and manage the Distribution list that you own. If you wish to know anything apart from the topic discussed here, then it is suggested to visit the official website of MS Office.
Read Related article – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/admin/setup/create-distribution-lists