Think of a situation, when you have planned to buy an Office subscription and everything goes well till buying it. But, when you try to install it on your device, you realize that you are unable to do so. You are seeing an error message which is telling you that you cannot install Office setup on your device. This message comes along with an error code i.e. “Office error code 1058-4”. If you are a new user, then this situation may horrify you. However, there’s nothing to worry about it as this error can be resolved on your fingertips.
There could be several reasons behind the occurrence of this error and one of the main reasons is system files corruption. Other than this, you might have also not removed the files from the failed installation of Office properly. Hence, to get rid of this error, you can follow the troubleshooting steps given in the upcoming section to resolve this error at the earliest. After following each troubleshooting method, you should check to see if the error is resolved or not. But, before that, we shall discuss some of the main causes behind it.
Causes behind Error code 1058-4 Office 2013
The main causes why you are encountering such kind of error while installing Office are as follows:
- The availability of antivirus software or firewall might be restricting the process.
- The internet connection and proxy setting are done in such a way that it is becoming a hurdle in the installation.
- If you have tried installing Office several times, but could not do it, then also you may face difficulties.
- Partially downloaded Office files can also result in this situation.
Troubleshooting methods to fix Microsoft Office error code 30068-4 (1058)
Method 1- Repair your Office suite
- First, open the Control Panel applet of your device from the Start menu.
- Now, click on the ‘Programs’ option.
- Next, you need to select ‘Programs and Features’.
- Further, select the version of Office which needs to be repaired.
- Click on the ‘Change’ option for it.
- In the next selection window, select ‘Quick Repair’.
- If this doesn’t help, then select ‘Online Repair’.
If you continue to see the same error, then go for the next method.
Method 2- Turn off the firewall
- Begin by navigating to the Start menu.
- From here, go to the Control Panel.
- Next, go to ‘system and security’ followed by the ‘Windows Firewall’.
- Now, select the ‘turn windows firewall On or Off’ option.
- You should do this for both public as well as private networks.
Try to install Office and see if you still see the Office error code 1058-4
Method 3- Disable the antivirus
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option from the Start menu.
- Now, select ‘Turn off real-time protection’.
- Next, go to the antivirus firewall section.
- Turn it off.
- Click ‘YES/OK’ on the confirmation screen.
If you still see the error, then uninstall Office completely by deleting files from the Windows registry as well. After that, try installing Office afresh and you will be able to download Office successfully. Make sure you use a high-speed internet connection, preferably a wired one, for making any kind of installation. This will reduce the chances of occurrence of an error during the setup process.