Once in our lifetime there comes a situation when we need to download Office on our devices. Be it for the purpose of using it at home or for using it in our organization for official purposes. The Office is also popular among students who need to deliver presentations and are at the learning stage of using Office. But, you might have a tough time while installing it.
There are several error messages which a user may come across while installing Office and one of them is error code 30010-4. There could be several causes behind the occurrence of this Error code 30010-4 when installing Office and one of them is corrupted files in the system. Sometimes, the files from the failed installation are not removed by users. Therefore, it becomes the cause of the trouble later on.
What cause error code 30010-4 to appear on your device
- The presence of antivirus software or firewall may restrict the installation process.
- Sometimes, slow internet connectivity might cause problems while installing.
- The proxy settings might also cause this issue.
- The presence of the older version of Office.
- In case, there is an incomplete, partially downloaded, or failed version of Office present, then also it might cause the error.
Troubleshooting steps to eradicate error code 30010-4
Method 1- perform a quick repair
This is the first thing you should try in order to fix minor issues while installing Office on your Windows device. Here’s how to do it:
- The first thing you need to do is open the Control Panel by using the Start menu.
- After this, go to the ‘Programs’ section.
- From there, select ‘Programs & Features’.
- Now, select the Office product that needs repair.
- Further, click on the ‘Change’ option.
- Next, you have to select the ‘Online Repair’ option.
- From the Online Repair tab, select ‘Repair’.
Method 2- Remove previously installed Office
In case, your device has an older version of Office installed on it, then you may uninstall it and then install the newer version by navigating to office.com/setup. You can either do it using the uninstall tool or by using the following method. To remove Office:
- First of all, you need to click on the ‘Start’ option.
- After this, go to the ‘Control Panel’ from the menu.
- Now, select the ‘Programs’ option.
- Next, you need to select ‘Programs and Features’.
- From here, locate the entry of Office suite you wish to remove.
- Tap on it and then select ‘Remove’.
Once Office is removed completely, you should try to install Office. Hopefully, this time you won’t see the error code 30010-4. In case you still see it, then you may remove the Windows installer packages from the C drive of the device. It is present in the ‘Program files’ tab. If this also doesn’t help, then you may end the Click-to-Run tasks from the Task Manager. Also, do not forget to delete the Office registry subkeys.