If you have purchased Office 365 subscription then there comes a point when you need to activate the subscription to make it work on your devices. There are sometimes you install the Office 365 subscription on your Windows 10 or Windows 7 operating system and you are excited to work within. You have even installed the Office 365 business premium and now about to activate it. And then you get an error on the screen stating “office 365 won’t activate” and now you are unable to activate office 2016 mac or on Windows OS.
There might be other activation errors attached to it where the Microsoft office won’t activate showing “Microsoft Office can’t find the license for this application” or you see “office 365 subscription won’t activate Windows 10”. This specific error can occur whether you have Office 2013, Office 2016, Office 2019 or any other updated Office versions. Remember most of the features of the word have been disabled because it hasn’t been activated in a while. In this article, you will get to learn the ways to fix “office 365 won’t activate” error. So without more discussions, let’s get the steps to fix the error.
What can be the causes behind “office 365 won’t activate” error?
There can be many reasons behind the Microsoft office won’t activate for which you sometimes need to run the office activation troubleshooter. So here are some of the reasons due to which “office 365 won’t activate” error occurs.
- Office 365 was not installed on a fresh computer or you have installed the old versions.
- Issues in internet connections.
- You are trying to sign in to activate with an invalid Office 365 subscription key code.
- Office 365 pro plus activation key mistyped or forgotten.
- Ipad memory is full.
What is the basic process to resolve office 365 won’t activate error?
In this section, you will get to learn the steps to fix the “Microsoft office won’t activate” error that occurred after you complete the installation process for the same:
- First of all, you need to check the internet connection is working on our Mac or Windows operating system.
- Just open your web browser and go to the official website of Microsoft.
- Now reset the credentials for Office account.
- You have to open the “Spotlight” option by tapping on the magnifying glass that is visible on the top right of the screen.
- After this, you have to search for the “Keychain” option and then tap on it.
- Now, you have to type in the “Office” and then just delete the data license file that is visible on the screen.
- You have to just download and then run the script.
- Followed by this you have to test the user account to end the Local profile corruption.
- Restart your PC or computer to check whether its working fine or not.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We just hope this article has helped you to fix the “Microsoft office won’t activate” error occurring in your Windows 10 or Windows 7 operating systems. If you still have issues or errors persisting on your screen then you can seek professional guidance from the customer support assistants via Office.com/setup.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens when Microsoft Office is not activated?
This issue occurs when MS Office is not activated or is not a licensed product. If you see a constant product activation failed messages popping on-screen, then it means you might be accessing a counterfeit MS Office subscription on your Mac or PCs. If you have already signed up for the Office 365 subscription then remember the unauthentic subscription will end within 31-120 days once the deactivation occurs.
Why won’t Office activate when I have the correct product key?
If this is the case, you just need to visit the official website of Microsoft and then sign in using the Office credentials associated with your Office. However, if the version of Office has a product key and then you get an error message while installing the Office. You need to select it to get the correct information that will help you to troubleshoot the specific error which is now unknown.
How do I fix Microsoft Office unlicensed product?
To fix the Microsoft Office unlicensed product you need to first close all the “Office” applications that are running. Now, you have to tap on the “Start” option in the left corner of your screen. You have to enter the app name and once its icon appears in the search results. You need to tap on it to run the app as administration. Now, just tap on the “Yes” button to allow the “Office” app to run as an administrator.