Have you ever heard of this amazing feature of recalling an email? If not, then you can learn here everything about this feature. This amazing feature is present in most of the email service platforms including Outlook 2007, 2010, 20013, 2016, 2019. Speaking about the email recalling feature, you can say that this feature comes handy when you realize that you have missed something important in your email and you have already sent it. Thankfully, you can correct a few things in your email even if you have sent it. With this procedure, you can easily unsend an email in Outlook.
Steps to recall an email in Outlook in Outlook 365
In order to recall email Outlook, follow the simple steps given below. You can simply follow these steps in Outlook web App as well as Outlook online platform.
- First of all, you need to open outlook and log in to your account.
- After this, go to the Sent Items folder.
- Here, you need to double-click on the email that you wish to recall.
- Now, go to the Messages tab.
- Click on Options to open the drop-down menu.
- From here, you need to select ‘Recall this message’.
- When a dialog box opens, select one of the two options:
- Either select ‘Delete Unread Copies of This Message’ to recall the message.
- Or you may select ‘Delete Unread Copies and Replace With a New Message’. This will replace the message with a new one.
- If you wish to get notified about the result, then select the option reading as “Tell Me if Recall Succeeds or Fails for Each Recipient” checkbox and then press OK.
- If you have selected the second option, then you can modify the message and then click Send.
- This is how you can recall email Outlook 365.
How do I unsend an email in Outlook?
Note: these steps apply for Outlook version 2007
- Begin by opening Outlook on your device.
- After this, open the Sent Items box.
- Double-tap on the mail you wish to unsend.
- Further, you need to go to the Messages tab.
- Here, you need to tap on the Actions group.
- Now, select the option reading as Other Actions.
- In the end, select ‘Recall this message’.
How to recall an email in Outlook on Mac?
Sadly, you cannot retract an email in outlook in any of the Mac versions as this option is available only for the users of Windows pc users. For more information on this, you can visit office.com/setup and look for the desired answers.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can you retract an email in Outlook?
Yes, you can easily retract an email in Outlook by following the simple steps for recalling the email. This feature is made available for the Outlook users who realize that they have missed to write something or add an attachment to the email. Sadly, this feature is not available for the Outlook users who own a Mac device.
How do you know if an email was successfully recalled in Outlook?
During the email recalling process, you can choose an option to get notified about the status of the email after recalling it. For this, you need to check-mark the box present next to “Tell Me if Recall Succeeds or Fails for Each Recipient”.
Is it possible to delete an email already sent?
Yes, you can easily delete an email that has been already sent. During the process to recall an email, you need to select the option that says “Delete Unread Copies of This Messages”. But, only those sent messages can be deleted that have not been read by the recipient.
Does Outlook recall work for external emails?
No, you simply cannot recall an external email. This is so because this option is applicable only to those emails who are on the same platform. There is a certain criterion for recalling an email that you need to fulfill in order to recall it.