Sometimes, you are unable to log in to your Office 365 account as an admin and this frustrates you a lot. But one should not worry because the issue can be fixed easily if you find out the possible causes behind it. This article highlights the possible conditions that might cause this issue and how can you perform the steps for portal.office.365 login.
Some of the conditions why you are unable to login as admin are as follows:
- Your subscribed Office product might have expired.
- You have forgotten to enable the user account after disabling it.
- You have been locked out from your Office user account.
- You might be using a temporary password for logging in and the password is expired now.
- A user might have forgotten to create a permanent password.
- The authorities have blocked you from signing in.
- If you have opened a joint account or you are federated user, then the single sign-in will not work as you both have to complete the login process.
Resolutions to log in to Office 365 portal as an admin
Step 1- First of all, you need to sign in to the portal by visiting https://portal.office.com/adminportal. To do this, navigate to the login page, fill up the login credentials such as email ID and password, and then click on the “Sign In” option.
Step 2- try to perform the following workarounds:
(Note- These steps will work for a user who is able to login to the Office portal but is unable to login at a non-browser-based app. This may include any of the Office apps or mobile-based app.)
- You should try to contact your admin. Contact him and make sure that you have applied the correct licenses to your account.
- The users who have enabled two-factor authentication need to ensure that they have set up app passwords. Visit portal.office.365 login to know more about multi-factor authentication.
- If you are using Office applications such as Outlook for emailing purposes, then the users who have been using a Federated account can connect themselves to an Exchange Online mailbox and alike.
- “We don’t recognise this user ID or password”- if you this kind of error messages, then you might be trying to access your account using the wrong login credentials. Make sure you are typing your email address and password correctly.
- If you have tried to sign in for more than 10 times and you are unable to log in to your account, then you will be blocked out from logging in. If this is the case, then you should click on the “Forgot Password” option and reset your password.
To sum up-
If you are still having trouble while accessing your account at portal.office.365 login, then you may visit the official website of Office and look for the troubleshooting steps. If you see any suspicious activity, then you should reset your password immediately. For more help and updates, one should visit office.com/setup on a regular basis.