From our school days to our work-life, we have seen Microsoft grow a lot in these years. Alongside, we have also witnessed that this software is being used by a lot of users on a large scale. Microsoft Office is so popular that there is hardly any professional or student who does not use it and ultimately this calls for making sure that this program remains secure more than ever. To add a layer of security, Microsoft has released Microsoft Defender for Office 365 which will help protect your data from getting into the wrong hands.
So, in this post, we will have a look at this program and why it is so important for us to use it.
What is Microsoft Defender for Office 365?
Well, we can say that it is a cloud-based service that helps us in protecting the data that we share using Microsoft services or the data that we store in it. This program helps by making sure that the collaborative tools that you use on Microsoft 365 stay away from the evil eyes of the fraudsters and the data you share over them also remains secure. Apart from that, Microsoft Defender also helps protect you from different phishing scams and malware attacks that may take place if the Office software on your device isn’t protected. The best thing about this program is that you get it the moment you install Office updates via office.com/setup on your PC. To know more about the features of Microsoft Defender specifically for Office 365, you can go through the section that follows.
What’s new in Microsoft Defender for Office 365?
Here is the list of features that you will get to use in this software:
- This program contains all the features that were present in Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection
- If you include Safe-Links in your documents and you share them online, then you can protect your document by using the protective features present in it
- Whenever you share a document online via Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, and OneDrive, at that time, Microsoft Defender works actively and helps protect the data present in the shared files
- It also contains advanced-level anti-phishing features that help you prevent phishing attacks even if you are using a subscription of a single license
- There are several other functions that come included in this software such as “Threat tracker”, “Explore” and “Attack Simulations”.
How to get started?
To get started with it, users simply need to install the latest version of Office 365 on their devices. In case you already have it, you just need to install the updates of the existing version. Once you are done with the installation, you will be able to customize the program based on your needs. As soon as you open the program, you will see a list of options and checkboxes which you can tick according to your convenience. While getting started, it is important that you read through the complete documentation very carefully. You can also customize the program later on as well.
If you are a Microsoft Office user, then you must use the Microsoft Defender Office 365 service which has been specifically developed to protect the data that is present on it. While using this program, you should make sure that you have tick-marked all the necessary boxes and have read through the customizations carefully. This is the ultimate cloud-based protection your device could have especially if you are using Microsoft Teams and other collaborative tools. This also helps in protecting your mailboxes while making sure that you can easily sidestep phishing attacks.