At times, you might have encountered Microsoft office 2016 error while doing office setup wherein you try to install the Office on Windows operating system home but you are unable to do it. Once the setup process is about to complete you see a message on the screen saying “Microsoft office 2016 encountered an error during setup windows 10”. If you own office 2013 version then you might see “Microsoft office professional plus 2013 encountered an error during setup”. In this article, you will get to learn the steps to fix Microsoft office encountered an error during setup. If you have any specific queries to be resolved then visit the official office website. So, let us get started with the topic.
Microsoft office 2016 encountered an error during setup windows 10
Sometimes it becomes crucial to setup up MS office 2010 or Microsoft office 2007 for the users. However, since its establishment started there are many users who have issues during the setup, here is the cause behind it.
Cause: There are some cases in which there is a conflict between a 64-bit system and the 32-bit app. And there were some MS Office 2010 and Microsoft office 2007 issues that got fixed after removing the non-supported files and programs. There are certain possible solutions are as follows:
Solution 1- Using Task scheduler
- Look for the option “Task Scheduler” in Windows 10.
- Tap on the “Task Scheduler” option followed by the “Task Scheduler Library” to open it.
- Just right tap on it “Microsoft” folder and then click on the “Delete” option.
- Try to set up again, it will run smoothly without errors.
Solution 2- Run Windows store application troubleshooter
For Microsoft office encountered an error during setup just follow the steps to resolve issues:
- Tap on the “Start” option and then tap on the “Settings” pane.
- Visit the “Updates and security” options followed by. “Troubleshoot” button.
- Search for the “Windows app troubleshooter” from the list on screen and then tap on the “Run” button.
- Just restart to check the system working fine or not.
Solution 3- Update Windows application
There are issues that can be fixed once the Microsoft office encountered an error during setup, there might have bugs or issues in the system and MS Office should have an eye on it. Fixing the bugs and update the Windows installed apps.
Solution 4- Remove the interrupted antivirus software.
Since the users encountered issues with the antivirus software that can prevent the installation of MS office 2010 and Microsoft office 2007 it is a must to verify the same before use.
Solution 5- Try to rename the MS Office Help folder
- First of all, tap on the “Win+R” key to open the “Run” option.
- Just type the command “%programdata%” and then tap on the “Enter” key.
- Find the “Microsoft Help” folder and then rename it to the “Microsoft Help.old” name.
- Just restart the system again to check the changes.
Solution 6: Remove MS Office software and reinstall it again.
The user has to remove every possible application and file from the system and then it can be reinstalled correctly after this. Here you can easily remove every trace to install MS Office app:
- Visit the official Microsoft website and then download the Office removal tool.
- Just download and then run it to delete the software.
- If you wish to delete the remaining things from the registry editor then tap on the “Win+R” button to open the “Run” pane.
- Type “Regedit” command and then press the “Enter” key to open the “Registry Editor” option.
- You can also check the deleted file existence by typing its name.
- Just right tap on the MS Office folder and then tap on the “Delete” option.
- Doing this, will remove all the unwanted software from the system and will help you to deal with Microsoft office encountered an error during setup.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that this article has helped you to reinstall the software from any source. Remember the license key should be the same unless you are using a different version of MS Office. Make sure you have to install a 32 bit on the system with the same configurations and the same goes for a 64-bit system. If you have issues related to the topic then visit www.office.com/setup.