“Microsoft Word keeps crashing whenever I try to save documents” and “Microsoft Word 2010 keeps crashing when trying to open documents”.
These are the queries raised by several users who frequently have to work with Word continuously. If you are also someone who is facing this problem, you can continue reading this article further.
Run Office Repair Tool to fix “Microsoft word keeps crashing”
This issue is irrespective of the Office version you are using. Be it Microsoft Word 2007, Microsoft Word 2015 or Office 365, you can face this issue in any version. You can run this tool in Windows 10, 8 or 7.
- First of all, you need to open the Control Panel.
- After this, click on the Programs and Features option.
- Now, tap on Microsoft Office.
- After this, click on the “Repair” option and then select “Continue”.
- Choose from the two options, “Online Repair” and “Quick Repair”.
- Let the repair process complete and then restart your computer.
Microsoft Word 2016 keeps crashing- Fix now
This workaround will also be helpful when your Excel keeps crashing. You can run and open Office apps in Safe Mode when you are not able to open them normally. To run and open Office apps in Safe Mode:
- Look for the icon of Microsoft Word on your desktop.
- Now, you need to press and hold the Ctrl key and simultaneously double-click on the Word shortcut.
- When you are asked to open Word in Safe Mode, select “Yes”.
- Create or edit a document, exit it, and restart your device.
Troubleshoot- Microsoft word keeps crashing mac
To fix this problem in your Mac device, you need to run the Disk Utility. This will repair the crashing problem with Word. To repair the disk of your Mac and allow Word to work normally, you can follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to locate where the “Disk Utility” option.
- You can find it from the main menu of Mac.
- Click on the Go option
- After this, tap on the Utilities
- Now, launch the Disk Utility window
- Now, go to the pane on the left.
- From here, select the primary disk of your Mac device.
- Using the toolbar, select “First Aid”.
- Wait for a couple of minutes until the process gets completed.
- Start using Word again and see if it works.
You can also uninstall and reinstall Office via www.office.com/setup if none of the above-given methods work right for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What causes Word to crash?
You may happen to come across this issue several times but the root cause behind this problem could be the presence of add-ins. It could also happen when there is a similar program present in the same location. So, to fix it, you can either disable the add-ins or try to change the location of the Word app.
Why does Word on Mac keep crashing?
It could happen due to several reasons and one of them is pirated file of Word application. Other than this, the fault in the complete Office suite could be a reason. Moreover, it could also happen because of the lack of permission on the part of Mac to some third-party applications.
Why Microsoft Word has stopped working?
Sometimes, the presence of malware can make your Word document to stop working. The location of Word might have changed or the Word app itself is faulty or corrupt. To fix this, you can use the Office Repair tool. You can also try to detect and remove malware if there is any.