For those who do not know much about the MS Office communicator tool, it is a tool that enables you to stay in touch with your coworkers fast and simple. The Office communicator comes up with a feature for voice and video sharing. The communicator tool also works with the currently installed MS Office applications. Remember, if the coworkers use the latest updated versions of communicator then you need these instructions to install the MS Office communicator to the computer. In this article, you will get to learn the basics of MS office communicator and how to download it on your device. So, without any further discussion let us start the topic.
What is the process for Microsoft office communicator download?
- First of all download the “Communicator.MSi” from the Microsoft Office Sign-in page.
- Save the file on your computer.
- Just remove the old versions of Microsoft communicator for Windows 10 and Mac.
- Go to the “Add or Remove Programs” app in the “Control Panel” pane.
- After this, tap on the “Microsoft Office Communicator” from the installed programs list.
- Tap on the “Remove” button.
- Just restart the computer and close the Office programs which will run the startup.
- Tap on the “Run” option from the “Start” menu to open the “Run” box.
- After this tap on the “Browse” option and tap on the “Communicator.MSi”.
- Just tap on the “Ok” option and the installation of MS office communicator will start.
- Now, tap on the “Next” option on the screen of the Setup window.
- Go through every terMS and condition on the license agreement and tap on the “Next” option.
- Just accept the default location for the MS office communicator and tap on the “Next” button.
- Wait for the installation to complete and tap on the “Finish” option.
Point to remember: Be it any MS Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019 versions, the steps given in this article are suitable for all the versions of the Microsoft Office suite. So, you need not worry as these steps are applicable to almost every version of the Microsoft Office suite.
We hope that this article has given you enough insights to understand the basic concept of MS office communicator and how to download MS office communicator from the genuine website. However, if you face any difficulties in completing the download process then we strongly suggest you visit the www.office.com/setup website. On the website, you will get the assistance and guidelines to download the office setup without any interruptions.
Frequently asked questions
How do I install Office Communicator?
First of all, download the “Communicator” and remove the old versions of MS Communicator from the computer. After this, just restart your computer and close all the Microsoft Office programs that may run the startup. Just tap on the “Browse” button and tap on the “Communicator” option. Follow the instructions on-screen and install Office communication.
How do I get Office Communicator on my computer?
Firstly you need to start the MS office communicator and open the menu and select the “Connect” option and change the Sign-In address. After this, go in the options, tap on the “Advanced” button. Just choose the Manual configuration. Just specify the server name that you can find the navigating to the “HostPilot” option and then go to the “Services>ocs2007” tab.
Is Microsoft Lync the same as Skype?
The Skype for Business has a standard and professional look and feel and you can access programs like Instant messaging, voice, and video calls along with Online meetings. On the other hand, the functions of the Lync for business users are enterprise security, authentication via active directory along with call encryption. So, both of them are very much different.