The need to setup Office 365 email on android arises when you wish to link your Microsoft account with your device so that you can deploy Office apps on it. There are mainly two ways to do so. One is using the in-build emailing app and the other is by downloading Outlook and then setting Office 365 on Android.
Using the in-build email app
- Locate the in-build “Gmail” app on your device.
- When Gmail opens, click on the “Menu” icon present on the upper left corner.
- Now, click on “settings”.
- Further, click on the option that reads as “Add account”.
- After this, press “Exchange and Office 365”.
- Type the full email address in the given field and click on “Next”.
- Now, type in the password for your account and again click “Next”.
- Follow the on-screen prompts when the “terms and conditions” page appears.
- You might be asked to respond to the sync permissions.
- Now, go to the inbox and click on “Action Required to Sync Email” to open it.
- Here, you can tap on “Use another Mail app instead”.
- With this, the setup process finishes.
Setup office 365 email on android using Outlook
If you are using an Android device and want to setup Office 365 email on it, then you may go through the following steps. These steps will help you to setup an email via Outlook. Using it, you can also access calendar features on your Android device.
- Open your device and go to Google Play Store.
- When it opens, search for the “Microsoft Outlook app” using the search bar.
- Click on the “Install” button to download and install it on your Android device.
- Now, open the app and click on the “Get Started” option.
- Enter the admin credentials and click on “Office 365” when prompted.
- Sign in using your account-related credentials.
- When the web-login screen appears, you have to enter the credentials of your network provider and click on “Login”.
- Complete the steps for two-factor authentication.
- Tap “Maybe Later” when you are asked to add another account.
- Follow the final guidelines and you will see the email setup on your device.
If these steps did not work out for you, then you may visit office.com/setup and go through its “Blog” section. Here, you will many things regarding your query and maybe you will find out apt methods to setup office 365 email on android.
Related Article – https://support.office.com/en-us/article/set-up-email-in-android-email-app