We all are aware of the fact that we can no longer use Windows 7 and instead we have to shift to Windows 10 to continue using Windows on our PCs. To use it, we have to upgrade our systems with the latest versions of Windows 10. So, if you haven’t done it yet, then you may do it now by following the quick and simple steps given in this article so that you can run your PC running smoothly. Along with it, the update will make your device better in terms of security as well.
If you do not know that Microsoft will not provide any support for Windows 7 users, then it is high time now. The actual price for buying Windows 10 Home operating system will cost a user around $139 if he makes the purchase via Microsoft’s platform. But, if you are running short of money, then no need to worry as you can use the free update of the Windows as well. Although the update technically ended in the year 2016, it still works and you can actually have it on your device.
Steps to upgrade your systems to Windows 10
Before performing this process, one should note that he will be able to do so only if he is using the licensed and activated copy of Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 Home or Pro. If you are one of them, then you can begin with the steps given below. Those who are not using the licensed version have to purchase a licensed copy of it because there is no other way out.
- Open your web browser and search for the “Download Windows 10” website.
- Here, you will see an option that reads as “Create Windows 10 installation media”.
- Click on the “Download tool now” option available next to the desired update.
- After this, tap on the “Run” button.
- Further, you have to choose “Upgrade this PC now”. (Do this only if you want to upgrade the PC you are using currently).
- Those who want to upgrade another device should select the option that says “Create installation media for another PC”.
- Further, you have to save the file that you are installing.
- In the end, follow some on-screen prompts and when the update gets completed, click “Settings” followed by “Update & Security”.
- Finally, tap on “Activation” and enter the license code when prompted.
- Hurrah! You have successfully upgraded your device to Windows 10.
Windows 7 lovers who do not upgrade to the latest version will have to face certain consequences for not doing so. These users won’t be able to get security updates or fixes, or technical support for any issues from Microsoft which means your computer will become vulnerable to virus infection. The Windows 10 users have reported having experienced several bugs in their PC but according to the experts if they keep upgrading their systems, then they might not experience such situations anymore.
Read – How to get Microsoft Office for free?