If you are using Office 365 subscription at present, then you will be pleased to know that you can upgrade to Office 2016 by following few easy steps for the process. Here in this article, you will get to learn the steps to upgrade Microsoft office 2007 to 2016 for free. The Office 2016 is a well-upgraded software to work with any existing Office installation, specifically if we talk about Mac users who are not happy with the Office 2011 on their computers. The Office 2016 comes with uniformity by making the Mac version like the Windows version.
How to Upgrade to Office 2016?
If you wish to upgrade Microsoft office 2007 to 2013 or you want to upgrade to Office 2016, the steps are the same as given below:
- To upgrade you have to visit office.com/setup.Sign using the Microsoft account credentials.
- Once you are signed in you need to tap on the “Install” option.
- Go to the “New: Office 2016 is now available” option.
- In the next step, you have to tap on the “Install” button on the resulting button.
- Tap on the setup executable, from the browser or go to the “Downloads” folder.
- You will now see the “User Account Control” tab and it will ask you to use the installer app to make the changes.
- Tap on the “Yes” option to continue with the installer.
- To upgrade the process on Mac, go to the Office website and tap on the area where Office 2016 is available.
- Tap on the “Install” to download the “.pkg” file.
- Double-tap on the “.pkg” file to start the installer that is different from the Windows installer.
Point to understand: However, if you are trying to upgrade from Office 2011, that is pretty terrible, then it is best advised to uninstall the previously downloaded software. Unfortunately, the Office version for the Mac operating system doesn’t come with the uninstaller, you have to uninstall it manually.
We hope that is article is helpful to show you the easy and straightforward way to Upgrade to Office 2016. However, if you have any questions or queries related to the topic then it is recommended to visit the official website office.com/setup.
Frequently answered questions-
Is office 2007 still supported?
The Office 2007 has reached the end of the support lifecycle that means that there is no recent or latest security, non-security updates along with the free or paid assisted support option available officially. Moreover, there is no online technical content update it means it is not supported on the official page.
How can I upgrade my Microsoft Office 2007 to 2019 for free?
First of all, you have to open Office apps such as Word and then create a new document. After this, you have to go to the “File” and then the “Account” option. Under the Product Information section, you have to choose the Update Options and tap on the “Update Now” option. Next, you have to close the window named “You’re up to date!”.
How do I update my Microsoft Office to 2019?
Microsoft releases security along with the quality updates for the “Click-to-run” version of Office 2016 and for the Office 2019 version. Remember, these updates are released approximately once a month, usually the second Tuesday in a week every month. You just have to open the Office application, and then you have to select the “File” and tap on the “Account” option.